If you obey ALL the rules, you miss ALL the fun!!!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A special surprise from my pro-am group from Lamar Billboards!



With over 3 inches of rain within a 45 minute time period late last night, added with all the rain from earlier this week, the course here in Decatur is now completely under water! We tried as hard as we could to get the pro-am in today, but with only 9 holes being playable, we somehow fit 24 pro-am groups on a crazy mix of 9 holes! To help spread the groups out, they added a set of skill challenges including a Big Break Wall to hit flop shots over! My group did awesome on the Big Break flop shot; however, I didn't help out to much there, oops!

I had a wonderful surprise today from my pro-am group! I have played with this group from Lamar Billboards every year at our event in Kansas City. However, we got rained out of that pro-am last month too! The rain and storms seem to be the popular trend this season! I have had to wear my rainsuit so much this summer, I don't even have a sock tan-line yet!! So, my Kansas City buddies surprised me and drove up here to play with me in Decatur! We had so much fun and even shot 6 under on the 9 holes we played! As far as the tournament starting on time tomorrow, they have alread pushed the tee time back an hour and a half! The Futures Tour staff is going to see how far the water has receded first thing tomorrow morning and then make a decision about whether the course is even semi-playable??

Check out these pictures I took on the course today! Just take note, that this course normally has NO WATER at all!

#6 Tee Box under water!


Hole #5 to the right and Hole #6 fairway running adjacent, but completely under water! They have been talking about just trying to make the Par 5 a 170 yard Par 3.


Hole #2 with a new river running through it! This originally was a Par 5, but the newly formed lake is right in the landing zone for the second shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment