If you obey ALL the rules, you miss ALL the fun!!!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Rainy Days!

Unfortunately, my tournament here in Cincinnati has ended quicker than I had expected! The weather was crazy yesterday! I woke up and it was still pouring rain and knew that the course most likely would be unplayable. It just seemed like a long day of trying to waste time really! We went to cracker barrel to at least get a good hot breakfast! (Cracker Barrel is my favorite because they serve 100% maple syrup and apple butter! Apple butter is a southern thing; it reminds me of home back in Charlotte, NC) We even went to Jungle Jim’s to walk around! It was so huge I couldn’t believe it! There was so much to see; we definitely needed more time! We were so stuffed from breakfast that we didn’t buy anything and I have accumulated so much extra stuff these past few weeks on the road, I am having trouble fitting everything into my luggage! However, I did find the candy section and couldn’t resist just getting a few jelly beans!

I finally teed off at 5:05pm. The course was really wet from all of the rain and playing much, much longer that the day before! Unfortunately, I got off to a really poor start and found myself in jail in the woods after my second shot on the first hole. A bad decision led to a triple bogie. I did manage to gather myself together and birdie the second hole, but I found it really difficult to stick to my game plan for the rest of the day! It felt like I had to hit every shot perfect because I needed to make birdies. I then started to try to force birdies and in the midst of this, made a couple more bogies! It was just one of those days!

No comments:

Post a Comment